Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Cute Envelope Purse (or Clutch)

Look what I made! I've been working on my crochet skills all summer long (after being taught by my campers this summer) I'm so in love with it. I used a bright yellow button to contrast the beautiful teal color. I used a "special stitch" which is "sc, dc" throughout the whole row (or bottom portion of the clutch/purse.) Then its "sc" for the top flap only and its decreased to make the triangular shape. Sorry for all the sc/dc lingo folks- but my fellow crocheters will understand it.


4 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I love the colors and I love the texture of your sc/dc for the body of it! :) Great job! Isn't crocheting the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! aYes, crocheting is the BEST- its so relaxing and fun to create items :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! It's so cute!

    I have a party on my blog called Fibers on Friday, for knitters and crocheters....come join us!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Thanks Beth, I am no where as good as you! (I checked out your blog) I'd def love to join your party :-)

    ReplyDelete