Wednesday, March 10, 2010

White Glitter Mirror

I dont think you can tell by this picture, but this is an example of why chunky or coarse (really just textured) Glitter works best for these mirrors. (It might have to do with the fact that I use a brush to apply the Mod Podge- I guess a foam brush would make it more even) When I cover the top of the mirror with Mod Podge, I get some places where the glue is thicker, causing ridges. When you sprinkle fine glitter, or fairy/glitter dust it shows ALL the imperfections. I have even tried coating and sprinkling it a few times but it still gives away all of its flaws.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.I loved what you have done to these mirrors.It's awesome.I tried to do something like this and have posted it on my blog.Ihave linked the post to you.Hope that is okay with you.Mine is not as good as yours but it was sure fun to do.Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete